The National Accounts Manager leads the company’s efforts to maintain and expand relationships with large, multi-location customers. Assigned to three to five named customers, the National Accounts Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The National Accounts Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. The Director of National Accounts focuses on the headquarters and key buying locations of assigned accounts, while coordinating closely with field associates assigned to these customers’ other locations.
-Automotive/ General Purpose Lifts
-Collision Repair Equipment
Experience with these types of products is essential.
• Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
• Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
• Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
• Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Achieves assigned sales quota in designated national accounts.
• Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
• Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
• Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
• Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
• Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
• Reports to the VP National Accounts
• Enlists the support of sales specialists, service resources, customer service, and other sales and management resources as needed.
Bachelor’s degree preferred along with proven direct sales and sales management experience. Preferred candidates will be very knowledgeable in the Equipment business.
Individuals must possess the following characteristics: