- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven direct sales or sales management experience, preferably in route or outside sales. Retail experience a plus.
- Experience in business related positions.
- Valid driver's license. Ability to drive 16'x20' vehicle 40-50% of the time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently and over 100 pounds occasionally.
- Position requires knowledge and experience in the following areas.
- Product knowledge
- Asset management
- Business operations
- Computer proficiency
- Completion of Snap-on training programs
The following individual characteristics and competencies are particularly important:
- High energy level and highly motivated
- Results driven – set and achieve goals
- Strong communication skills–interpersonal, relationship building, presentations, verbal/written, listening
- Persuasive and influential
- Customer focused
- Strong core values
Covered Drivers have the professional obligation to operate vehicles in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and codes. Furthermore, every associate has the moral responsibility to exercise safe conduct, good judgment, and common courtesy toward the general public, motorists, and pedestrians.
All drivers must be 18 years of age or older, and 21 years of age or older if driving a DOT-regulated truck.
The driver must possess a valid state driver’s license, and must have had it for 36 consecutive months prior to employment.
The driver must adhere to all interstate and intrastate driver's license requirements for the type of vehicle they are driving.
The driver must pass initial alcohol and drug tests in accordance with policies prior to hire.
A candidate considered for employment must produce a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) with no major violations and no more than two minor violations within the last three years prior to hire.
The driver must be able to read, write and speak the English language.