The primary function of this position is to control Accounts Receivable delinquency/losses for Conway and Louisville shipments. Coordinate with customers and outside contractors on the recovery of Company assets while maintaining internal controls.
Work closely with Equipment Sales Specialists, District Sales, Regional Sales and VP Sales to manage customer relationships. Small staff of collectors report to manager.
· Maintain internal controls in compliance with Snap-on requirements. Assist with internal, external and SOX audits to ensure timely and accurate responses to requests
· Follow recovery/collection policy and procedures on an as needed basis.
· Provide periodic management reports relative to recovery efforts and forecasting.
· Oversee collections efforts, managing collection personnel and work closely with accounting and sales/marketing to aggressively manage accounts to meet DSO targets, aging profiles and bad debt levels.
· Analyze and manage reserve requirements.
· Manage request from key accounts for specialized invoicing and reporting requirements
· Analyze A/R data and data within customer portals, such as Walmart’s Service Channel to identify issues precluding payment.
· Develop and maintain customer relationships to facilitate payment, cash application and problem resolution, automating and standardizing wherever possible.
· Work with Snap-on Credit and legal counsel as necessary.
· Continually identify process improvements to better equip customers and Snap-on associates to enhance Accounts Receivable performance.
· Relevant Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting preferred), MBA and/or CMA/CPA highly desired.
· Five (5) to seven (7) years of divisional collections experience in industry.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills, a must.
· Demonstrated skills and knowledge in credit and collections, financial analysis, credit laws and regulations, reporting requirements and computer applications.
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. Must be multi-task oriented.
· Evident negotiation skills to obtain payment.
· Be able to develop and maintain relationships with diplomacy and tact.
· Proficiency in MS Office, intermediate/advanced level in Excel, including proficiency with lookups and pivot tables a plus