The primary focus of this position is Accounts Payable, Freight & related transactions, but will include all aspects of general accounting. Responsible for maintaining subsidiary ledgers, preparing journal entries, account reconciliation & analysis. Tasks will include tracking, analyzing and reporting of accruals & various data sets, as well as perform routine accounting duties that support specific business activities and the Accounting Department. Performs standard and ad-hoc reporting, specific other analysis as directed. Investigate specific transactions, procedures and activities that interfere with and/or create obstruction in accounting transactions & processes. Assist with the development and implementation of changes as necessary.
- Accounts Payable and Freight review and problem resolution, both Trade & Interco suppliers
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations & analysis timely and accurately
- Month-end / year-end closing activities
- Prepare adhoc reporting, Corporate reporting, and Corporate Tax department reporting as required
- Maintain various logs & tracking of recurring & significate payments
- Test, document, and pull records for Audit request
- Complete assigned JE’s, ad-hoc reporting, standard reporting, account recons, monthly reports and monthly analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Two (2) to Five (5) years of accounting experience
- High level of understanding of AP processes, complex transactions and ability to resolve issues
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. Must be multi-task oriented
- Ability to follow-up on multiple issues timely
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of general accounting, financial analysis, reporting requirements and computer applications
- Knowledge of internal control policies & procedures
- Must be able to work with minimal oversight with attention to accuracy and timelines
- Be able to develop and maintain relationships with diplomacy and tact
- Proficiency in MS Office required. Daily use of Excel - intermediate/advanced level needed, including proficiency with lookups and pivot tables a plus. Solid understanding of Access desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed